At the end of May, Mérieux Université was very pleased to welcome the first edition of the General Managers and Cluster heads Seminar in Montcelard. As it has been a long time since such meeting gathering all our GMs has not taken place, Alexandre Mérieux decided to set up a specific and dedicated event for them and assigned Mérieux Université to organize it.
- Create the occasion for General Managers to meet,
- Step back together and reflect collectively upon our strengths and weaknesses,
- Get their feedbacks on the organization
- Share their views on how to best articulate local and central functions
were the main outcomes of the seminar.
An intensive agenda, designed around their role and mainly made of bottom-up workshops, enabled them to share peer-to-peer experience, ideas and good practices, and gave them many opportunities to discuss with Executive Committee members and Corporate Functions representatives. Moreover, they also had the chance to experiment a business game on corporate finance, to attend a conference on business model evolution… and to enjoy evening activities like a soccer championship with the Executive Committee!
The peaceful environment of the Montcelard site, as well as the bottom up format, encouraged by the listening and constructive posture of all the speakers involved in the workshops, were really appreciated by the participants. This positive work atmosphere, orchestrated by Mérieux Université, enabled to go further in the discussion and offered promising perspectives for future editions of the General Managers & Cluster Heads seminar.
Contact : Marie Blanc – firstname.lastname@example.org
After the success of the conference on Microbiota in 2015, a new edition took place in Lyon (France) regarding the topic “personalized medicine”. About sixty attendees have met to listen and exchange views with key public and private sector actors. As the speakers’ profile were varied and complementary (Human and social sciences, medicine, industry, civil society), the debates were valuable.
Several themes were addresses during this conference:
- Personalized medicine presentation and focus on personalized medicine in oncology
- Doctor/patient relations evolution and patient role evolution
- Personalized medicine influence on health care systems and public health
- Personalized medicine ethical issues
- New economic models and funding issues
Mérieux Université is collaborating with the University of Lyon and the Foundation for the University of Lyon to develop these conferences which are rich opportunities to meet for people coming from various disciplinary fields.
Contact : Amandine Leterrier – email@example.com
Sales Essentials training is one of the first courses organized in 2016 by Mérieux Université. The session was held on January 19,20 and 21st, 2016 in Montcelard, bringing together fifteen participants from Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, Austria, France, Czech Republic and Poland.
Through these three days of training, participants were able to improve their sales techniques and deepen the approach of comprehensive sales solutions in the context of the healthcare market.
Mérieux Université received the silver medal at the “Victoires des Leaders du capital humain”, an annual event that brings together in Paris nearly 500 HR professionals from large and medium enterprises.
Mérieux Université was nominated in the category “Corporate University Training and Management Policy” finalists with Carglass, Danone, Michelin and Mazars.
Video Edition 2015 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ioSUYoglM
The Mérieux Université Hub in Shanghai has hosted several training sessions in July 2015 :
- Fundamentals of finance and management, led by Jane Huang, CFO bioMérieux China,
- Management basics, led by Bénédicte Pouget, Mérieux Université coach
- Change Management, led by Catherine Day, Mérieux Université coach, and Claudine Marguerite, bioMérieux change management
This initiative results from the synergy between bioMérieux and Mérieux Université.
The challenge was to bring together the Directors of bioMérieux sites or subsidiaries, their Quality Management Representative (QMR) around the same theme of “How to design a Quality Management system to be an asset to your website or subsidiary ? ”
The next Quality Week sessions will be organized with the same format in other Mérieux Université hubs : Durham (US), Shanghai (China) and Montcelard (Lyon, France).
Launch of the « Mérieux Manager Essentials » training sessions targeted to all Institut Mérieux’s Managers worldwide.
Mérieux Université aims to improve dialog between key corporate functions. In 2015, we propose to coordinate two professional communities that will contribute to the company’s performance: quality and human resources networks.
In order to support interaction between the professional communities, Mérieux Université proposes to host a collaborative online area that is open to the various expert networks.
In collaboration with the University of Lyon, Mérieux Université proposes to put key members of public and private healthcare research communities in the Rhône-Alpes region in touch with each other, enabling them to meet to discuss topics of major medical and societal significance.
Our objectives are to:
- Break down barriers and bring together complementary worlds;
- Create an area for discussion to exchange points of view and gain mutual benefit;
- Promote partnerships and inter-disciplinary collaboration;
- To enable students and future researchers in the life and social sciences to take an interest in opportunities presented by the latest medical innovations through an inter-disciplinary approach.
- March 2015 – Microbiota: our intimate partner
- September 2015 – Medicine systemic: a new stage in personalized medicine?
The following are invited: stakeholders in the field of healthcare, researchers and industrial companies, researchers in the life and social sciences or second-year masters students considering a research project related to the topic, as well as anyone with a particular interest in the topic under discussion.