Personal Data Protection Policy
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ is aware and actively supporting protection of personal data for its suppliers and/or customers, and/or training interns, for all who access the MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ Intranet site, and in general for all individual subject for whom personal data that could be treated.
The purpose of the Personal Data Protection Policy of MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ (Policy) is to provide important information on the MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ processing of personal data as well as how the individual subject can exercise their rights . The Policy will also aims to meet the requirements of the new regulation (Regulation #2016/679) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for protection of personal data applicable since 25th May 2018.
1. Who is the data controller of the personal data processing ?
The data controller which is responsible of the purpose and the means of the processing of the personal data :
Mérieux Université – 113 Route de Paris – 69160 Tassin La Demi-Lune France
2. What are the categories of personal data collected and processed?
The term of “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ does not collector process minor child’ personal data .
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ may, depending on the case, collect and process all or part of the following personal data: first and last names, date of birth, professional and/or personal postal address, fixed and/or mobile telephone number and/or personal number fax, professional and/or personal email address, RPPS number…
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ respects the principle of minimization and thus collects and processes only the necessary personal data for the purpose(s) for which the personal data are processed.
3. For what reasons/purposes and on what legal basis are the personal data collected and processed?
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ collects and processes your personal data for different reasons/purposes legitimately determined to fulfill the following purposes:
- for case management as part of its training activity,
- to follow-up of the client and/or trainee relationship and contacts as part of their training activity,
- to keep you informed of news, through its newsletters, by email or by mail.
Depending on the purpose, the processing of your personal data is based either on the execution of the contract (management and monitoring of the customer relationship and/or trainee), or on the legitimate interest of MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ (respond to contact forms via the
websites, or the sending of information, newsletters, sending invitations to events) or for being compliant with a legal requirement (manage the requests of the persons concerned related to the exercise of their rights in relation to their personal data).
4. To whom your personal data can be transferred ? Who can be sent personal data?
We do not share your personal data with any third parties other than those identified below.
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ may be required to transmit your personal data to different categories of recipients:
- Members and staff of MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ: the personal data are transmitted to treat the purposes mentioned previously in point 3 of this Policy,
- Providers of support services (accounting and IT) to carry out their services.
In any case, MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ shall not to transfer personal data to third parties other than those listed above.
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ may, however, be required to communicate personal data to be in compliance with a legal obligation, at the request of an administrative or judicial authority that requests it or for the exercise of a legitimate interest such as the defense of its rights. Personal data is not transferred outside of the European Union.
5. How long are personal data kept?
Your personal data are kept for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected and for the minimum retention period provided by law.
Your personal data are stored and used for different durations according to the purposes described above. Specifically:
- the personal data necessary for the management of the files as part of MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ training activity are kept and used for the duration of the processing of these files.
- Without prejudice of the possibility of opposing this purpose at any time, the personal data that are processed for the purpose of sending information, announcements, greetings, newsletters as well as invitations to organized events by MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ, are kept up to five years from the last contact with the person.
At the end of this retention period, personal data will be destroyed.
Personal data may be archived beyond the retention period described above for the purpose of mandatory legal obligation, to exercise a legal claim.
MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ implements all technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the processing of your personal data and their confidentiality.
To ensure the security of your personal data, especially to prevent it from being distorted, damaged, or that unauthorized third parties have access to it, MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ takes all the necessary precautions, in view of the nature of the data and the risks presented by the processing (including the physical protection of the premises, the implementation of authentication processes with personal and secure access via confidential username and passwords).
7. Data collected in connection with the use of the Mérieux-Université website.
In accordance with the laws on the protection of personal data, you are informed that by connecting to the website of MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ, personal information about you will be automatically or voluntarily collected, stored and used under the conditions defined below. If your do not wish this personal information to be collected, stored and used you Mérieux Universitést contact MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal information collected during each connection to the site can come from:
- the recording of your IP address during each connection;
- automatic registration (login) or voluntary information to identify you and contact you (such as your name, address, telephone, fax, e-mail, address of your company or any other information you accept from submit…) when you participate in discussion forums, surveys or online surveys, during your requests for additional information on Mérieux Université including marketing or advertising data, when you subscribe to our newsletters or other registration form or other similar requests:
The personal information collected will only be used by MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ and Institut Mérieux Group companies and, unless otherwise specified at the time of collection, will not be disclosed or shared with third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
The personal information collected during each connection will be used to trace your course on the site to allow MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ to establish statistics on the most visited pages and, more generally, to control and improve the operation of the site;
Personal information collected during your participation in discussion forums, surveys or online surveys, when you subscribe to our newsletter or other similar requests of registrations will only be used for the purpose for which this information was sent and collected. Any subscription to a newsletter may be canceled at any time by sending an e-mail to the following email address available on MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ website: email@example.com
8. What are your rights regarding the processing of your personal data?
In accordance with the regulations, you have the right to access your personal data, to rectify it, to object to its processing or to obtain its limitation, deletion or portability where applicable. In addition, you can withdraw your consent at any time for processing that are based on it, or ask to no longer receive our communications relating to information, announcements, wishes, newsletters and invitations to events organized by MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ. You can file a complaint with the CNIL if you consider that your rights are not respected. For more details on your rights, we invite you to consult the sections below.
Depending on the processing, you have the following rights:
- Right of opposition: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data: for the purpose of sending information, announcements, greetings, newsletters and invitations.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data are or are not processed by MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You may, for processing that is based on consent, withdraw at any time the consent you have given for processing.
- Right to erasure or right to be removed: you have the right to obtain the erasure by MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ of your personal data when one of the following reasons applies: (I) the data are no longer necessary with regard to the purposes for which they were collected: (II) you withdraw your consent to processing and there is no other legal basis for the processing; (III) you object to the processing of your personal data and there is no compelling legitimate reason for the processing; (IV) the date is subject to unlawful processing; (V) the data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to portability: You have the right to obtain the personal data that you have provided to MÉRIEUX UNIVERSITÉ in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for you to transmit to another data controller. This right applies when the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract, and is performed using automated processes.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority (CNIL).
9. How to exercise your rights concerning your personal data?
In general, to exercise your rights and for any questions or difficulties relating to the processing of your personal data and your rights, you can contact Mérieux Université:
- By mail: Mérieux Université – 113 route de Paris – 69160 Tassin la Demi-Lune,FRANCE
- By email : comMérieux Universiténication@merieux-universite.com
Mérieux Université reserves the right to adapt the Policy and agrees to inform you on its website of changes or additions.
This version of the Policy was last updated on 11 June 2019.